CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Emarie's 8th surgery! What a trooper!

So Emarie had a procedure scheduled on Monday to remove her prosthesis in preparation for her hard palate repair that was supposed to be in December. But, as it turns out, Dr. Sadikqi still thinks the gap is too wide, so he wants to wait a year. So, she had another prosthesis put in instead.



Before her surgery in the waiting room, we got up at about 5 that morning!


     We've started letting her hold the pager the last couple of times, she feels very important!


After she got dressed in her surgery attire with daddy, so cute!


And waving with mommy


And then with the anesthesiologist and giving a dirty look to his assistant, I don't think she trusts that attire!


When I went back to her in Post-Op, let's just say she was not a happy camper! To explain it the best, I think she was throwing her first ever fit (which isn't bad for an almost 2 year old!). But let me tell you, there was good reason for this! The Dr informed me that she had kicked her IV out right as she was waking up, so he didn't think she got any of the morphine into her system. They did try to rectify this by giving her some Loritab as soon as I got there, and 15 minutes later, she was much calmer!
As was typical of Emarie, she was having a hard time keeping her O2 levels up, even going down to the low 70's. So, this was a concern for her to go home. She also threw up once, which she doesn't usually do that, so I suspect that some of the anti-nausea medicine didn't get to her either. But, in the end, she pulled through, and we were able to go home at about 4:30, and all 3 of us pretty much slept the rest of the day and night!
Let me also just mention that the cute old ladies in the parent waiting room (while your child is in surgery) now have seen me enough, that they now know me, and don't even bother to lead us anywhere, or give us instructions! Kinda sad, I know!

6 comments:

Lacey said...

Oh I'm so glad she is doing okay though. I love the dirty look!

Jenny H said...

What a trooper. I would be throwing a fit too if I hadn't had any morphine.
We should've planned our surgeries better. Deak will be there next Wednesday...just tubes though.
Glad she is done and okay:)

Alisha said...

Yeah, Em's probably going to have that one done again soon too. Who's your ENT?

Melissa said...

As sad as it is to see such a little thing in a hospital gown, she sure does look cute in it! Glad she is doing better!

Jenny H said...

Dr. Muntz...can't decide if I love him or hate him. But, he is really sweet with Deakon.

Alisha said...

Yeah, he's ours too. He is absolutely Em's least favorite Dr though! He always has to use the microscope to look in her ears, which is just torture for her!

Good luck with Deak's surgery, and we should get together soon. Em has a bunch of appts this month up there. One this Monday and one the Monday after Thanksgiving. Busy, busy, always busy!