CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 29, 2012

The rest of April...

*Play song, "First Day of My Life" with this post

Not too much to report in the last day of this month. I started working full days again after Spring Break, which was the 16th. I guess my reward was a horrible virus :P Started off with the worst sore throat I have ever had for the first 4 days, thought for sure it was strep and that Em was getting it too, but when I took us both in to be cultured, it was negative. Thankfully the doctor took pity on me and gave me a script for something he called a "miracle rinse", which consisted of 1 part Benadryl, 1 part Lidocaine and 1 part antacid. Nasty stuff, but it brought down the swelling in my throat and numbed it. After the sore throat cleared up, it was onto lovely chest congestion, sinus pain, runny nose and a wicked cough. I am on day 8 now, and I think Em is one day behind me. Still doesn't seem as though there's an end in sight, but I have heard from others that eventually it gets better. I really wouldn't wish this on anyone else, it has been awful and medicine hasn't helped much. I hate when people think it's good you didn't test for something bacterial.... but if it had been bacterial, I would have started on an antibiotic and would have gotten relief within 24 hours and probably would have been completely rid of it several days ago! 

Anyway, so that is mostly what has been going on, Em has been taking it much better than her poor mom! She is amazing.... hope you don't tire of me telling you that! 

Before the sickness mess began, we attended a birthday party for Diane's youngest (wonderful lady who watches Em), and another little girl, McKell that Diane also watches who we've known since she was born. Her mom actually use to be Em's PT when she was in PEEP. 

Here's a slideshow from the party


We have enjoyed some insane weather for April! A couple of days with temps in the 90's! Which in my opinion is way, way, way too hot for spring when there's no pools open! And it kind of stunk that the nicest days were when Em and I were home taking sick days :P

Being sick sometimes has it's perks. Been able to do some shopping online. Found this adorable swimsuit through another Ch18 mom....
 I love the vintage look! So wish I could find one similar for me that wasn't over $80!!
This one was $26.99 in case you were wondering.... but the biggest they go is 4T :( They are quite unique in that they snap at the bottom much like a onesie. Ideal for a child still in diapers (makes changing much easier), or a young girl who's recently potty trained (makes going much faster, and the swimsuit doesn't have to touch the dirty floor!). Also, since we're planning to hit the beach this summer when we're in Texas for the ch18 conference, we thought this one would be ideal when we need to hook our girl up to her feeding pump (that is always hard in traditional suits!). Now that I've done a complete advertisement for them ;) If you'd like one, you can go here.


And I finally got my first pair of Toms! Some for Em too :) 
Love how comfortable they are! And Em's look a little big because we got them the size she needs for when she wears her DAFOs (which is about 4 sizes bigger than her regular foot size!). We thought they would be nice for practicing walking because of how light and flexible they are! 

But not much else went on, kind of happens when you're sick though! Here's hoping May is much healthier! 

2 comments:

Candice said...

Sorry you guys have been so sick!!! :( It could always be worse though, right? ;P I LOVE Em's suit! So retro. I think all one pieces should have snaps!

Lacey said...

I love that adorable photo of your shoes! Hope you get feeling better!!!